Toxins are almost everywhere nowadays. They're in the air we breathe, the foods we eat, the tap water we drink and no matter how clean you eat, toxins are a daily reality. It's for this reason, our bodies were designed to detox itself. Unfortunately, with the amount of toxins we're exposed to in the modern world, we can develop a toxin overload. Your body is simply not capable of dealing with such an overload and that's when help is needed.
Read on to see if it's time you gave your body a much needed detox.
1. Constant Food Cravings: If you find that you are always craving food, you may need a simple detox to reset and regulate your system.
2. Chronic Inflammation: When your body is in a chronic and constant state of inflammation it could be a sign that your body is overloaded with toxins. If you are overloaded, your body won't have the resources to deal with inflammation properly. It could be a sign that there are substances in your system that need to be cleared.
3. Gas & Bloating: This is one of the most common signs that your body needs a break. Constant tummy problems, gas and bloating are a sign that your colon has built up some waste and needs some extra help to get rid of it.
4. Weakened Immune System: Are you catching everything going? It could be because your body doesn't have the strength to fight infection because it bogged down with toxins. Being frequently sick is a red flag that your body has become an environment that facilitates the growth of bacteria and viruses.
5. Poor Sleeping Habits: If your sleeping patterns are all over the place, it's time to hit the reset button. The liver is is most active during 1am and 3am so if you find yourself waking up during this time, it's not because there's a ghost at the end of your bed, it's because your liver is struggling with a toxic overload.
6. Mental Fog: If you find it hard to focus, have a lack of clear thinking, memory loss and other cognitive problems, it is yet another sign that there are toxins on the loose. When your body is clean and clear, so too is your mind.
7. Fatigue & Energy Crashes: Those toxins can make getting out of bed in the morning a struggle. If you can't get through the day without cup of the black stuff, it's definitely time to replace those cups of coffee with a detox tea. You should naturally feel awake and energised throughout the day.
8. Skin Breakouts: The skin is the body's largest detox organ. If you find that you have pimples popping up all over the place, you can thank the over abundance of yuck that's in your body. They're fighting to get out and it's time you killed them off with a detox.
9. Slow Digestion: Not as regular in the loo department as you should be? Guess what? There's a build up of waste in there and that's going straight back into your bloodstream. Your digestive system most definitely needs a gentle boost.
10. Poor Mood: Low level anxiety, depression, mood fluctuations or just a general lack of emotional wellbeing shows that it's time for a detox. We often store our emotions in our body and if we're not fully releasing them, they can become stuck and stagnant. An overly toxic body can lead to improper neurotransmitter function which will effect your mood. (If you are concerned about your mental health, please talk to a friend, family member or mental health professional)
Ruthie H x