So you want to enjoy Pancake Tuesday but without the guilt? You can do that with this very simple and delicious Banana Pancake recipe.
They are lovely and sweet without using any sweeteners. The almond flour gives the pancakes a little bit of puffiness.
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional)
- coconut oil for frying
- maple syrup and fruit for topping (optional)
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl or blender, mix together the coconut milk, mashed banana, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Preheat a pan to medium heat and coat with a layer of coconut oil.
- Pour, or spoon out about two tablespoons of batter to make small pancakes. (They are much easier to manage if you keep them small – You can use your spoon to spread them out a bit.)
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side. Serves 4-6